Learn the Basics of Lean Six Sigma
Lean Six Sigma Basics
The basic problem solving tools of Lean and Six Sigma are presented in the DMAIC format. This is a course
designed to help an organization improve the efficiency of processes throughout their management system.
Learn basic problem solving techniques in a non-statistical format in this 5-day course. The class
emphasizes application through hands-on simulations. Students are encouraged to identify a process
improvement project and apply the principles to that project. This course is appropriate for top managers
and floor level employees.
Lean Six Sigma Basics - Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of the Lean Six Sigma Course, students should:
- Understand the Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Identify the customer and their needs.
- Select a project and define the problem.
- Create a process map.
- Be able to identify wasted activity in their work areas.
- Be able to create a Value Stream map and calculate Lean metrics.
- Identify cause and effect relationships.
- Be able to conduct a failure mode and effects analysis.
- Be able to conduct a 5S event and communicate instructions through visual images.
- Understand how the layout of a facility and the standardization of work contribute to the efficiency of
- Understand how quick transitions improve the efficiency of processes.
- Be able to develop and implement improvements utilizing a Kaizen rapid improvement event.
Public Class Schedule:
|Location of Class
|Call for Schedule
||Call for pricing
Lean Six Sigma Basics - Curriculum
The topics listed below are included in the Lean Six Sigma Basics course.
Intro to Lean Six Sigma
Voice of the Customer
Project Selection and Project Definition
Understanding the Value Stream
Identification of Waste
Cause and Effect
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
Flow and Standardized Work
Push vs. Pull and Kanban
Total Productive Maintenance
Development of Future State/Solution Selection
Why Lean Six Sigma?
Closing the Project