Implementing ISO standards is not mandatory, however a management system conforming to a standard can have numerous benefits. Some benefits include increased efficiencies, proactive risk management, better interaction among departments and alignment with the needs of interested parties. However, once you are actually in the process of implementation, you may experience the following pain points:
- Lack of top management commitment
- Limited resources to effectively implement the program
- Lack of buy-in from the workforce
- Over documented systems
- Lack of measurable objectives driving improvement
- Teams lack adequate interaction and alignment
- Company is focused on keeping certification at all costs
Quality Management International, Inc (QMII), having over 37 years of providing sustainable solutions for our clients, recognized how these hurdles can impact an effective management system. QMII has developed and provided solutions to address and alleviate these pain points that continue to benefit our clientele.
A management system consulting project cannot start without top management present to map the process of what they do (core process) and to identify the core objectives for the system. Policies, objectives, and motivation must be demonstrated from the top-down and evidenced by all the team players. To further reinforce commitment, we get top managers to develop a presentation to launch the system and that will then be used for awareness training as the system progresses. This is done using our Awareness Leaders Workshop. Without authority, responsibility, and resources, middle management and individual contributors cannot improve the business management system.
We understand that companies have financial restrictions. With a mission to get organizations to appreciate the benefits of a process-based management system, we provide multiple options to work around this challenge.
(1) We provide free information on our website so you can carry out ISO implementation at your organization.
(2) Attending a lead auditor training course is a relatively minimal cost. You and your team will gain a comprehensive understanding of the desired ISO standard and gain the skills necessary to implement requirements and conduct audits to determine conformity.
(3) If you need a little more guidance, we provide scalable consulting services. Our consultants are here to assist you with exactly what you need. You will not have to pay for the full package.
(4) Our alumni have free email and phone support, for life, to get over average hurdles.
As far as reluctance among employees, it’s human nature to be reluctant towards change. Keeping this in mind, QMII consultants get key process owners to evidence top management’s commitment and ensure that they are involved in QMS (Quality Management System) development. We analyze with them to capture the system AS-IS and what-should-be. It is essential to get the team buy-in during this process and get their input on the process’s actualities. Teams must also interact and be aligned. We provide team-building workshops where we align objectives to the vision and processes to meet objectives.
ISO implementation is not an overnight process, it may even seem daunting. QMII’s Action Plan Checklist is readily available, and it focuses on the big picture to simplify the process. If you need more assistance, our consultants would be happy to work with you through the checklist. We appreciate the system you already have; we are simply helping you enhance it to meet requirements and set objectives. Documentation is a significant part of ISO implementation. To remove complexities, we incorporate existing documentation and use a format that works best for you.
At the end of the day, ISO certification is primarily a marketing decision. QMII strives to help you develop a resilient, integrated management system so that you receive actual benefits. Once set up, your system will work independently and continue to improve while managing risk proactively.