AS 9100 2016
The Aerospace Quality System Standard, more commonly known as AS 9100 2016, is a set of requirements designed to ensure the reliability and safety of parts used in the aerospace industry. It was created by the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) and adopted by organizations around the globe. AS 9100 2016 provides an international guideline for all organizations involved in the aerospace supply chain, from manufacturers and engineers to airlines and governments. Its stringent requirements provide a quality assurance system that ensures high-quality parts are produced with minimal risk. In this blog post, we will be looking into what AS 9100 2016 entails, why it’s important, and how it can benefit your organization.
What is AS 9100 2016?
AS 9100 is a quality management system standard specifically for the aerospace industry. It was developed by the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) and is based on the ISO 9001 quality management system standard. AS 9100 2016 is the most recent version of the standard, which was released in October 2016.
The AS 9100 standard includes requirements for quality management systems, risk management, product safety, and product liability. It also includes specific requirements for aerospace products and processes. The goal of the AS 9100 standard is to help aerospace companies improve quality and safety while reducing costs.
AS 9100 certified companies are audited by an independent third party to ensure that they meet all of the requirements of the standard. Companies that are certified to AS 9100 can show their customers that they have a commitment to quality and safety.
The Different Requirements of AS 9100 2016
There are a few key changes in the 2016 revision of AS 9100, most notably the addition of risk management requirements based on ISO 31000. The standard now includes specific language on the need to identify, assess and mitigate risks throughout the aerospace supply chain. In addition, AS 9100 2016 adds requirements for organization-wide communication of risk information and establishment of a risk management system.
Other notable changes include:
- Updated language on product safety
- Enhanced requirements for quality planning and control
- Improved focus on supplier selection and qualification
- Greater emphasis on organizational culture and leadership
The Benefits of AS 9100 2016
AS 9100 2016 is the most recent revision of the international quality management system standard for the aerospace industry. It was developed by the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) and replaces AS 9100:2009.
The benefits of AS 9100 2016 include improved communication and alignment between suppliers and customers, greater focus on risk management, enhanced transparency throughout the supply chain, and increased assurance of product quality. In addition, AS 9100 provides a framework for continual improvement that can help organizations to reduce costs and improve efficiency. The adoption of AS 9100 can also help to improve an organization's competitive position in the global marketplace.
How to Implement AS 9100 2016?
There are a few key steps to take when implementing AS 9100 2016. First, you'll need to review the standard and make sure your organization is compliant. Next, you'll need to develop and document your quality management system. Finally, you'll need to train your employees on the new standard and how it affects their jobs. Let's take a closer look at each of these steps:
1. Review the Standard: Make sure you understand what AS 9100 2016 requires by reading through the standard itself. You can also find helpful resources online, such as this overview from Quality Digest. Once you're familiar with the requirements, compare them to your current quality management system to see where improvements need to be made.
2. Develop and Document Your Quality Management System: Once you know what needs to be changed in your quality management system, you can begin developing new procedures and documenting them accordingly. It's important that your documentation is clear and concise so that everyone understands what needs to be done and how it needs to be done.
3. Train Your Employees: The final step is to train your employees on the new standard and how it affects their jobs. This training should include both classroom instruction and on-the-job training so that employees are comfortable with the new procedures and know how to apply them in real-world situations.
Become AS 9100 2016 Certified with QMII
AS 9100 is the international quality management standard for the aerospace industry. To become AS 9100 2016 certified, your organization must first complete a self-assessment to ensure that it meets the requirements of the standard. Once the self-assessment is complete, your organization can then begin the certification process with QMII.
QMII is a leading provider of AS 9100 certification and has a team of experts who can help your organization through every step of the process. We will work with you to ensure that you have all of the necessary documentation and paperwork in order, and we will help you to prepare for your certification audit. Once you are certified, QMII can provide ongoing support to help you maintain your certification and improve your quality management system.
Why choose QMII?
There are many reasons to choose QMII over other companies. Here are just a few:
- We are an accredited ISO 9001:2015 company. This certification guarantees that our products and services meet the highest quality standards.
- We offer a complete line of products and services, from initial consultation to final installation. We can help you with every step of your project, no matter how big or small.
- We have a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about providing the best possible service to our clients. We will work with you to ensure that your project is completed on time and within budget.
- Our commitment to customer satisfaction is evident in everything we do. We guarantee that you will be satisfied with our products and services, or we will make it right.
The AS 9100 2016 standard is a significant improvement from the previous versions and offers organizations a comprehensive approach to quality management. It provides an internationally recognized framework for establishing, implementing and certifying compliance with aviation safety requirements. With these improvements, the standard has dramatically increased the number of eligible companies providing services in all areas of aerospace manufacturing and related industries. By introducing this effective new tool, organizations can optimize their processes to ensure safe operations that meet customer expectations while minimizing risk factors.